It's time to post your rig!

Discussion in 'Desktop Hardware' started by twhiting9275, Jan 15, 2018.

1. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Internet Extraordinaire
    Somewhere, out there
    What are YOU sitting behind? What powers your internet / gaming / entertainment experience? Here's mine

Rosewill Gaming Power Supply / PSU, 1000 Watt (1000W)
    ASUS TUF Z270 Mark 2 LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI DVI M.2 USB 3.1 Z270 ATX Motherboard
    CORSAIR DOMINATOR Platinum Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)
    Intel Core i7-7700 Desktop Processor 8M Cache, 3.6GHz (Max Turbo Frequency 4.20GHz) 7th Generation

Thermaltake Chaser A71 E-ATX Full Tower Window Gaming Computer Chassis
    Samsung 850 EVO 500GB 2.5-Inch SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-75E500B/AM) (main disk)
    GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 650 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 2x DVI / HDMI / D-SUB PCI-Express 3.0 Graphics Card Graphics Cards GV-N65TOC-2GI

Note: This was built Fed, 2017. I've still got a ton of life left on this bad boy. The only thing that wasn't updated or overhauled last year was the Gigabyte GFX card because, well, I've yet to find an updated card with dual DVI + HDMI . Two monitors, cuz who needs just one, I had so much fun building this thing! This was right after the 7th gen processors came out , so it was a bit of a challenge finding just the right board, but that TUF board kicks so much ass it's not even funny

Not a real 'gaming' rig, but it'll hold it's own, even with the 5 year old Gigabyte card in there.
  2. KMyers

KMyers Administrator
    Staff Member

Dec 28, 2017
    South Florida
    I have been working on downsizing the amount of hardware I have at home (offloading some of the workload to a few servers). As such, I only have a NAS (i3, 8 GB RAM, 8 TB of Disk Space with 2 free bays) and a few laptops at home. The laptops include:
    • Dell XPS 13 (i7, 8 GB RAM) - My general purpose laptop
    • Dell Precision M4700 (i7, 32 GB RAM) - My workhorse laptop
    • PiTop - Because I have no self control and had to get one
    • System 76 Kudo Professional (i7, 16 GB RAM) - My development laptop
    • Samsung Chromebook Plus - My primary browsing/lightweight task machine
    I only own 1 desktop which is a Lenovo i5 with 8 GB of RAM. This machine is really dedicated to running my 3D printers and I occasionally hook up my rift to it.