Shopping for a new daily computer bag

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Judd, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Judd

Judd New Member

Feb 1, 2018
    #1 Judd, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2018
    So I'm doing some shopping around, please feel free to recommend or link your own daily bags or bags you're also looking at!

Currently I'm looking for something that's small, to handle my x220 thinkpad, a binder, a backup battery, some cables, two leather/pleather bound notebooks, and a clipboard.

The key is I want space but I also want it compact- but most importantly, it has to fit snugly and not feel like I'm traveling with everything I own. I actually already use a large backpack that holds everything I could need but it is extremely cumbersome to lug around, so I'm hoping to find something with a bit more style to it.

I'll add to this thread as I collect bag links I like to overview too. Bonus points for convertible bags! Bags that can be messenger bags or backpacks!
    Made a purchase! But please feel free to continue linking your daily bags! I like to see what everyone else is using.

https://www.amazon.com/Leaper-Messe...oding=UTF8&ref_=mh_s9_acsd_top_b143X5_c_x_2_w

2. KMyers

KMyers Administrator
    Staff Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    South Florida
    I am personally a fan of Everki - you personally have seen all of the stuff I carry in my backpack

3. ivoriesablaze

ivoriesablaze New Member

Jan 3, 2018
    Male
    #3 ivoriesablaze, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    I didn't even look into Everki. But I like my Samsonite all the same so far, though I haven't really put it to the test, yet.

4. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Internet Extraordinaire
    Somewhere, out there
    Why not look at a backpack that can do it all for you ? Depending on the size of the laptop these aren’t terribly bad in price. I picked up a TSA bag for my laptop last year for about $40 . No more hauling that thing out st checkpoints and it’s a pretty roomy bag

5. KMyers

KMyers Administrator
    Staff Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Male
    South Florida
    I do technically have 2 backpacks. One small backpack (A timbuck2 Laptop Bag) and a Everki Titan Backpack that easily holds my large laptops. My big backpack has just about everything I could ever need to get me through a day at work. My small laptop bag just has the basics and I use it to go to coffee shops.

6. twhiting9275

twhiting9275 Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Internet Extraordinaire
    Somewhere, out there
    Yeah, I got tired of hauling laptop case + everything else around and just settled on a laptop bag

I was wrong, it ran me $60, but lemme tell ya, worth every penny of it. Comfortable, less hassle when going through checkpoints (at the time, I went on a few trips and that alone is saving time), spacious as hell. Of course my laptop is giant by today's standards (17.3"), but I'd never have a smaller one. That's tablet size (which, BTW, this bag carries both of mine very well, along with phone and cables for all).

7. Judd

Judd New Member

Feb 1, 2018
    This is precisely what I'm aiming for. I want something for coffee shops, light study, commute, and walking in the city- anywhere that it might get crowded or I might have to be on my feet a bit more than usual- but I still need some creature comforts. I'm even looking into a thermos so I can pour soda into a canister and keep it ice cold throughout the day.